Posted By: Stella Pike | August 29, 2020
Mindful ageing is all taking a more accepting approach to older age. It encourages older adults to non-judgementally accept, rather than fear, the changes and challenges that come as a natural part of the ageing process.
This more positive mindset reframes old age a period of exciting changes and opportunities rather than one of decrepitude and decline.
1. Dedicate at least ten minutes of every day to mindful meditation.
2. Get into the habit of accepting then letting go of the things that upset you.
3. Look after yourself! Try to eat healthily, get your full eight hours of sleep, and get a sweat on
every now and then.
4. Throw yourself into the community as a way to make new friends.
5. In times of stress, try taking a short mindful pause. Take a moment to completely focus on your breath and nothing else.
If you would like to learn more about Mindfulness, have a look at the infographic by Be Independent Home Care as below.