Posted By: Stella Pike | September 23, 2020
Have you tried everything to lose weight? From dieting to different workouts but nothing works, then yoga is something that you should give it a try. Most people think yoga is an activity that performs to calm the mind, but there is more to it than you think.
If anyone can perform yoga with dedication and discipline, it can help you lose weight and stay in shape.
The term Yoga is drive from the Sanskrit root ‘Yuji’ meaning ‘to join’ or ‘to unite’, Yoga is an ancient practice that indicates a perfect harmony between mind and body. Yoga assimilates breathing exercises, meditation and poses designed to encourage relaxation and reduce stress. It is one of the simplest forms of exercise which you can do to improve your health, mind and body.
Incorporating yoga into your routine can help boost your brain and heart health as well as the body strength and flexibility and reduce the symptoms of stress, depression and anxiety.
Yoga poses are generally made of helpful breathing exercises which work to correct your metabolism, regulate blood flow and rejuvenate body functioning. Also, it leaves you feeling relaxed, fresh and focused.
So, here are some of the yoga poses which you can do easily and reduce overweight and feel healthy and happy:
While performing yoga, from head to toe you involve and evoke your senses and sensations, adding every bit to your health.
In trikonasana, your body feels an intense stretch to your trunks and legs and takes a shape of an extended triangle. To do this triangle pose you need to first stand straight than spread your legs apart about 3/4th of your height and let your right leg facing the right side, left leg slightly facing inside about 45 degrees.
Now, extend your arms, spread both the hands parallel with the ground and maintain the line with right knees and shoulder, at this point go down slowly and try to touch the ground or your right toes as per your capacity. The left hand should face up and your eyes are also up the skies or the eyes should be towards the ceiling or upward.
Breathing correctly is also crucial, inhale when you are starting doing this pose and exhale as you are going down. Stay in that position around 1 minute and return to your original position. You can perform this trikonasana for about 10 times that is 5 times each side to get the maximum benefit out of it.
– Improves the flexibility of the spine and helps our body to relieve gastritis, indigestion, acidity and flatulence.
– Doing this asana on regular basis gives strength to your ankles and palms leaving it strong and powerful.
– This pose also helps the body to inhale fresh oxygen and nutrients and increases mental and physical stability.
This yoga posture stimulates upper-body strength and offers a wonderful stretch for the chest and abdomen.
You can begin with lying face-down on the floor with your legs extended behind you, spread the legs behind few inches apart, with the top of your feet on the floor. Now, bend your elbows and spread your palms on the floor beside your waist.
Step two, inhales and press your inner hands firmly into the floor, straighten the arms, lifting your torso and your legs a few inches off the floor and lift your chest towards the ceiling. Do not overstretch your neck and try to hold the pose for about 20 minutes or as long as you can and come back to the normal position. Repeat this Svanasana at least 3 times to get good results.
– This pose tones the lower part of body while performing this pose the hips, hamstrings, calves, buttocks, and the entire leg have the muscles tightened and further toned the body.
– It helps to improve the posture with stretching of the spine and the shoulders while doing this pose keep the alignment in mind which will help in improving the posture of the upper back and shoulders.
– This also improves the blood circulation to the entire body, as this kind of asanas related to the expansion of the spine improves the blood circulation, the proper flow of blood will awaken the cells within the body and keep you fresh whole day.
This back-bending yoga pose is for increasing and regaining spinal strength and flexibility. While performing bow pose, your body resembles a stretched bow and your hands being the strings. Dhanurasana encourages a powerful stretch to the entire back, thus imparting flexibility as well as strength to the back. The bow pose is highly effective in weight loss program, it helps to reduce the belly fat.
For performing Dhanurasana first lie on the floor facing downwards (on stomach), take 2, 3 breaths and relax now, inhale slowly and starts bending your legs backwards and catch the ankles with the hands, your body is now in the shape of a bow.
In the bow position, your whole weight will come on the abdomen, hold this for 20 to 30 seconds and then start exhaling and then continue to take a deep breath and repeat the process 4 to 5 times to get the benefits of this bow pose.
– It improves the blood circulation to the spinal nerves.
– Most effective in reducing weight.
– Helps to cures constipation.
– Helps to stimulate the liver, big intestine, small intestine and pancreas.
This pose has a favourable effect on the entire body. While performing this asana one should concentrate on getting the legs, waist and back in one straight line making this line 90 degrees with the ground.
For doing so lie down, draw the feet close to the hips and fold the legs against the thighs now, gently start raising the lower part of the body vertically, support by the hands and balance the entire body weight upon the elbow, palms the neck and the back of the head.
Try to maintain this pose as long as convenient, but no longer than 2 minutes and keep breathing normally slow while doing this asana. Now, return to the starting position, gently lower the hips towards the mat, supported by the hands while inhaling and release the hands from the back and assume the starting position.
Practice Sarvangasana once, not more than two minutes, including this asana with other daily yoga and exercise for getting better results.
– Shoulder stand pose provide relief in the case of constipation, headache, indigestion, functional disorder of the eye, ear, the nose and throat.
– It also helps to normalize body weight due to its effect on the thyroid.
– Practising this asana on daily basis will improve the digestive system due to increase in blood circulation and drainage of stagnant blood.
Bridge pose is one of the ancient yoga postures, this backbend pose exercises your triceps, biceps, psoas, quadriceps and hips. While doing this pose you continuously use your abdominal muscles and suck in your belly. This led to burn excess fat on both your chest and belly area.
For performing this pose lie on the floor, bend the knees and set the feet on the ground and the heels as close to your sitting bones as possible. Now, exhale and press the arms and the inner feet actively into the floor, push the tailbone upward and lift the buttocks off the floor.
Keep your inner feet and thighs parallel, clasp your hands below the pelvis and extend through your arms that will help you remain on your shoulder’s tops. Stay in this position for about 30 seconds and come back to the normal position.
– Setu Bandha Sarvangasana expands your chest, provide comfort to your nervous system and calm your mind.
– This pose helps to strengthen the calves and thigh muscles and works out your upper and lower back muscles which provide relief from back pain, strengthen spines and reduces strain on the neck.
– It also helps to reduce anxiety, headache, backache, fatigue and insomnia.
Yoga one of the oldest Indian forms of exercise is an amalgamation of mind, physic and spiritual disciplines. Yoga has an extremely rich history and it is believed to be developed around 5th and 6th centuries BCE. Above are some of the top and simple yoga asanas (poses) or you can say a health healing exercises which build strength, awareness and harmony on both the mind and the body. So, try to keep practising yoga on daily basis and stay healthy and happy.