Posted By: Stella Pike | August 1, 2020
Your heart pumps blood, and if it stops working, you are going to die. Yes, the heart needs to be taken care of, and for that, only exercise and medication are not going to work. You are supposed to push yourself a little harder. Heart-healthy food products are proven to have caused a huge impact on those who have dared to change their diet plan. Which heart-healthy food list do you need to follow, or what food is healthy for your heart? Come, let us explore them one by one.
What is that heart-healthy food recipe that is going to keep you healthy and also going to satisfy your tummy? Soups have been considered as both healthy and tasty and have been strongly recommended by dieticians and several food experts. ‘Italian Vegetable Soup’ or ‘Boiled Chicken Soup’ are extremely healthy. You can also try a delicious rice pudding, turkey and parsnip curry, white fish preparations, cabbage and beans, crushed potatoes and peas, noodle soup, pine nuts and lemon, fried eggs, Korean fish cakes, spinach, and salmon or salmon burgers. Make your kitchen a place where you can experiment with innumerable heart-healthy food options and recipes. Do not think twice before trying these heavenly preparations. You are going to witness amazing results soon.
Food Lists that You Cannot Ignore
Before trying out something new, detailed research needs to be done. You have to explore a heart-healthy code on food before you decide to change or improve your diet plan. Multiple sessions with your dietician, helpful references, and suggestions are going to help you create a customized heart-healthy food list. Let us check what we have in store for us!
● Fresh green vegetables will always boost your mood. Rich in vitamins and minerals, green vegetables on your platter can never be replaced. You can also try some interesting recipes with leafy vegetables such as vegetable cakes, vegetable soups, steamed broccoli, roasted sprouts, mustard greens, et cetera. Who says vegetables can never be as tasty as meats are? Change this age-old myth with your innovative cooking skills.
● Fruits are refreshing, and food experts generally suggest eating raw fruits more. But if you prefer drinking fruit juices, then you can always grab an orange juice machine and make refreshing juices and drinks at any time. Fruits are rich in fiber and hence prevent digestion problems. Eating fruits on a regular basis prevents you from suffering from bowel cancer. Heart-healthy fruits such as apricots, bananas, berries, cantaloupe, oranges, grapefruit, kiwi, papaya and peaches are rich in vitamins, fiber, antioxidants, and phytonutrients that can keep you away from any kind of heart disease.
● Fish oil and fatty fish are rich in proteins that can build your muscle tissues and keep your heart healthy. These food items are wholesome and can make your tummy happy at any time.
● Whole grains have lots of health benefits. They can reduce bad cholesterol and lower your chances of suffering from any kind of severe heart disease. Whole grains such as whole wheat, barley, quinoa, brown rice, rye, buckwheat, and oats can even reduce your chances of having a stroke. Whole grains are advised to be included in your standard meal plan.
● If you need a source of monounsaturated fats, then avocado is your best option. It is rich in Vitamins C, A, and B6, fiber, and potassium. It gives a blemish-free skin. It reduces bad cholesterol, reduces the risk of high blood pressure and heart disease.
● Walnuts are rich in micronutrients such as manganese, magnesium, and copper. It reduces bad cholesterol and lowers the risk of high blood pressure.
● Beans are rich in resistant starch. They reduce bad cholesterol and blood triglycerides. They also reduce the risk of inflammation, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
● Many of you cannot say no to chocolates. Do you know dark chocolate is rich in flavonoids? It can certainly improve your heart health. Studies have shown that dark chocolate eaters hardly suffer from severe heart diseases.
● Tomatoes are rich in lycopene. They have excellent antioxidant properties. They reduce the risk of inflammation, heart disease, and oxidative damage. Eating two tomatoes three to four times a week increases good cholesterol.
● Why are nuts a heart-healthy food? It is because pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, and macadamia nuts are in heart-healthy nutrients. Almonds can protect you against heart disease because they are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and monounsaturated fats. They can help you lose weight and reduce bad cholesterol.
● Chia seeds, garlic, olive oil, and green tea are extremely effective and heart-healthy.
Mexican and Chinese food joints have always been popular amongst foodaholics. You can always try heart-healthy Mexican food and heart-healthy Chinese food if you like exploring exotic Asian cuisines. Corn tortillas, salsas, carnitas, fajitas, and beans are few of the most celebrated Mexican food items that have low calories and are rich in heart-healthy nutrients. Chinese recipes such as beef and broccoli, grilled fish, steamed rice, and steamed dumplings have low calories. These mouth-watering food items are extremely safe and healthy.
You are definitely a fan of fast food. How about exploring some heart-healthy fast food options? If you start having heart-healthy fast food, you can stay away from hazardous diseases. You can skip the cheeseburger and bacon, and have grilled chicken instead. If you order sandwiches, then try using tomatoes, mustard or lettuce instead of cheese and mayonnaise. Try ordering more green salads and fat-free beverages. Fast food is very hard to avoid completely, but if you keep having low-calorie meals, you can keep your heart healthy.
There are ample heart-healthy food options that you can try. Changing your diet plan suddenly can be a bit challenging, but once you get used to this lifestyle, there is no turning back. Share your experiences of having heart-healthy food.